dx10 and vista

Software Support
ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

dx10 and vista

Post by ADF-Baby »

I was talking to a computer tech guy today about the problems i've been having with vista and he said that the most likely cause of the problems i've been having is that my 7300 cards can't run dx10 properly cos vista needs dx10. could this be true?
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

Its Vista anything could happen.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

Fox
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Fox »

I don't think Vista needs DX10 because I'm pretty sure Vista came out before there were even any DX10 capable cards. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Re: dx10 and vista

Post by ADF-Deano »

ADF-Baby wrote:I was talking to a computer tech guy today about the problems i've been having with vista and he said that the most likely cause of the problems i've been having is that my 7300 cards can't run dx10 properly cos vista needs dx10. could this be true?
Ive seen plenty work fine, and nvidia make the drivers for it.What the issue again.

Hell they even have the drivers for the 6x cards for vista

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

the thing is that some of the crashes look like ram problems and windows vista even reports that they are caused by memory problems. I've run ram diagnostics and they all come back fine. Soooo...
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

So it must be Vista.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

asta la vista baby

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

ADF-Muzz wrote:asta la vista baby
lol

ADF-Yodak
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Yodak »

Baby, if it's a memory problem, the only true way to test it is to put some new memory in. Mem-Diag's will only tell you if something is wrong when there is something totally FUBAR'd with the memory (At least, that's what it has done for me). If it's your memory, when you swap it out you won't have the problem anymore.

As for Vista needing DX10, that's a lie. DX10 is just so you can run all the shiny stuff that's included with Vista. i.e Vista Aero, 3d Tabbing, Vista DreamScape (Moving Backgrounds), etc.

And isn't it funny, everyone who knocks Vista, are the people who installed the base Vista, had problems, went "It's gay, I'm going back to XP"

But remember when XP came out? How many people installed XP, had problems and went "It's gay, I'm going back to 98"?

I've had minor problems with Vista, usually from something that /i've/ done. The only constant problem I have is with a program called "UltraMon" which lets me have proper Dual-Monitor support (Which even XP doesn't support properly, so Nyah!). Only problem is it's still in Beta stages, so it likes to hiccup every-so-often resulting in a reboot of the program.

So remember, XP had lots of bugs that turned people away from it, when they were fixed, everyone swore by XP... Same thing will happen with Vista, guarantee it.

Fox
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Fox »

Yup just wait for that SP1 coming out in FEB I believe.

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

I agree.Kinda like buying a new model car,always buy Mark II

Archon
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Archon »

Vista is da shiz. Only thing is i cant run Axis and Allies (1998 Game) on it.. only complaint.