Windows Support
ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

vista

Post by ADF-Baby »

to vista or not to vista that is my question
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.

ADF-MOSES
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-MOSES »

it really depends on what u want to use Baby it will be your decision in the end,

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

I realy want to get rid of  all the spyware and hackers
Live long and procreate

ADF-Cable
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-Cable »

Is Vista available to purchase now??
I would be willing to drop $$ on a legit version - or do I wait for SP 1 like I did with XP??

Bill Gates have you eliminated the BSOD in Vista???
[marq=left] [font=Comic Sans MS] ADF Rocks!!! [/marq][/font]

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

Lets face it, as with anything these days to not upgrade isn’t really an option know is it……

One important thing do not get windows vista home.it lacks to many options……home premium or the ultimate are the one’s to get in my opinion.

The major differences between the 2 versions are…..windows vista premium 64 bit supports 8gb memory and the ultimate supports up to 128GB memory….which won’t bother most of us.windows vista premium 32-bit is missing shadow copy, system image backup and recovery, encrypting file system, windows bit locker full drive encryption, IIS Webserver, remote desktop only supports client not server, windows fax and scan, where as the 32-bit ultimate version supports all of this and more.

Also windows xp home can be upgraded to any version of vista, but xp pro can only be upgraded to windows vista business or windows vista ultimate.vista is also upto 6 seconds quicker to boot due to the very simple low res boot screen.

Plus with the new security features alone should make you want to upgrade.if you can…hehehehehehehe

E.g Address Space Layout Randomizer is when the boot files are loaded randomly meaning that virus’s and the likes can’t depend on certain files always being loaded in the same memory locations………(ring a bell….hello linux)

Snipes will be jumping for joy…..knowing that Vista's support of Active Directory (AD) Group Policy (GP) is a USB Device Lockdown feature that can be used to prevent users from connecting iPods, USB flash drives, and other USB-based storage devices to corporate PCs

hooah..............

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

so where/when can i get it. i heard that its going to be around the $100us mark how much is it here?
Live long and procreate

ADF-Cable
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-Cable »

I just had a quick scan of ms.com and i think it said 30th Jan 2007 it is released. As long as my phone system apps can run on it, and AA + TS no wuckers I will jump on the bandwagon!

TYPING  TYPING  TYPING
[marq=left] [font=Comic Sans MS] ADF Rocks!!! [/marq][/font]

ADF-Mesiah
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Mesiah »

already sent in my free upgrade ticket waiting for the release :)

Roodog
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by Roodog »

I have been running Vista beta RC1 ultimate for some time now on my second computer.I have had very few problems and some of the feature are pretty cool but it is hungry on system resources and a lot of programs are not suported which can be a pain and I will not upgrade my main computer until punk buster is supported because at the moment Vista can generate a kick for a game hook but I will be upgrading  as soon as possible upon it's release but until it's offical I will not put it ant where near AA.