What's so bad about XP?

Windows Support
ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

What's so bad about XP?

Post by ADF-Sniper »

What a wonderful read!

"IT decision-makers don't have an entirely rosy outlook for Windows Vista," Forrester analysts said in a recent report. "We found that 15 percent plan on skipping Windows Vista entirely and going straight to Windows 7 soon after its release in 2010. And another 22 percent still have no definitive plans for deploying Windows Vista, and 6 percent simply don't know yet what their plans are."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10159 ... l?part=rss
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-Dizz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Dizz »

Hooah

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

So hows the Beta Windows 7 version goin snipe anygood. [smilie=flicks.gif]

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

lol, nice read. i've been getting mixed signals on vista for some time now. all of the IT types that i have spoken to all say that vista is "all right". upon talking to then further i discover that they have all tweeked it as an administrator and have all had to find their way round problems... for all the normal people i have spoken to i have been given 2 lines of thought. one being, it looks really nice and ticks over all on its own really happily... two, it looks all flashy but "i can find anything and when i do i dont have the corrent permissions to alter stuff".
i've had xp pro on my system for some time now and currently have no intension of changing until 7 comes out. the consessus seems to be that vista is the repeat debacle that was windows ME. looks nice but pants really. just my thoughts.
E8200 @ 3.8Ghz, P5E, Custom Water, Custom Case, 6GB DDR2, 275 GTX, X-Fi Extreme, Raptors in Raid0 & Cav Blk for storage

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

ADF-Medic wrote:So hows the Beta Windows 7 version goin snipe anygood. [smilie=flicks.gif]
It seems to be a stripped down version of vista, I have not pulled it apart yet as I have no time :-(

As for me ill be sticking to Windows XP, Office 2007 and OpenOffice at home.

For the 250+ Pc's I look after everyday, I don't think they will ever change and will remain on XP and have Office 2003. The reason is Windows XP is perfect and Office 2003 does not have the macro bugs that 2007 have. Office 2003 will remain on all pc's untill OpenOffice sort out the ODBC connection.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.