How to install and launch AddOns

Mods,Missions & Addons For ArmA2.

Moderator: ADF-Reaper

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

How to install and launch AddOns

Post by ADF-Cheech »

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm Post subject: How to install & launch the ArmA2 Addon's Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Report post Delete this post View IP address of poster Scroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page
: Modfolder method........
---------------------------------

We can use this method so we just load at the startup the addons we want to use, saving loading time, avoiding incompatibilities, ...

I will use the VopSound_2.1 mod as an example:

First we have to create 2 folders inside the main ArmA one. We create a folder called @VopSound_2.1 and inside this one another called Addons.

Inside this new Addons folder we place the .pbo file(s), in this case the VopSound_2.1.pbo and VopSound_2.1_c.pbo files.

NOTE2: If the download contains any .bisign file they should go to the same folder you place the pbo ones. This .bisign files are there so players using properly signed addons can join to that server which requires them.

Now what we have to do it's edit the ArmA shortcut so the game launches using that addon. To do this, we do rightclick on the ArmA shortcut in the desktop or where we have it and select properties.
In the target box we add -mod=@VopSound_2.1

Mine now looks like this.... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33910 -mod=@LandTex_1.0;@A2 SASR 1.2;@VopSound_2.1;@sap_clutter_2.0

The underlined is What i added to launch the mods

NOTE4: By adding also -nosplash we will get that the game launches faster as it doesnt load the intro movies.
NOTE5: To load more than one mod folder use semi-colons to separate then (-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3)

Hope this helps ,if any one has any probs. just into TS and just ask, we will do our best to help
Cheers Cheech

Last edited by ADF-Cheech on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

ADF-Sixpak
ADF Member
ADF Member

0.00 PlatinumBux
[ Donate ]
[ Modify ADF-Sixpak's Cash ]

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Report post Delete this post View IP address of poster Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page
Also note that the actual name of the mod folder can be anything you want
i.e @VopSound_2.1 can be called @Vop

And a combination of mods can be put into the same folder structure
i.e @ModsIn1
/Addons
mod1.pbo
mod1.bsign
mod2.pbo
mod2.bsign

So we could make a common @ADFteam mod folder for download Smile

Also I recommend downloading one of the ARMA launchers like
ARMA2 launcher
these launchers save you from having multiple desktop shortcuts and have all the parameter shortcuts available
eg. - nosplash, cpucount, noworld, maxmen, window etc etc

Download site for addons/mods
Addons from Armaholic