Star Trek Online Goes Free to Play

Post here all the games you know, and give us a idea what its like.

Do you think you would try Star Trek Online if it was free?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Yes (Most Definitely!)
50%
Maybe (We'll See What Happens)
50%
No Thanks
No votes

Total votes: 6

ADF-Dave
ADF Member
ADF Member

Star Trek Online Goes Free to Play

Post by ADF-Dave »

On the site's new Free-to-Play page, Star Trek Online reveals what silver (free) and gold (subscribers and lifetimers) members will be able to access in the game. Free players will be able to enjoy a majority of the game's content, including character creation, all of the missions, the basic ships, the full range of levels, and special task forces. While free players won't be able to create their own missions through the Foundry system, they will be able to test out ones made by subscribers. The biggest restrictions a free account player will face are a limited mail system, reduced inventory space, and only two character slots.

Subscribers and lifetime members will enjoy certain perks under the new system, including a monthly stipend of store points, priority login, respec tokens, Foundry access, and other basic MMO staples.

It's interesting to note that when the game changes to the new system later this year, Klingon content for subscribers and free players will unlockable at level 25 instead of the current low level access. This is so that Cryptic can spend more time working on this weaker aspect of the game. The new system will also replace several types of currencies with a single new one, Dilithium, which will be used to purchase ships and gear.

There are plenty more details on the site, including an FAQ and Features Matrix. Stay tuned later this week for an in-depth analysis of this information and a Q&A session with Cryptic in our STO column, Captain's Log! ~Source: Star Trek Online

Official Website: http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

Cheers for the info Mate!!!

ADF-Dizz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Dizz »

good one eh???

ADF-Dave
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Dave »

Yep it is a good one. I've been playing it for about a year. Lots of poeple in it too. [smilie=beerchug[1].gif]

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

sweet, will have to have a look.

I used to play A Call to Duty years ago (1999-2006) - it was done through IRC

http://startrek.acalltoduty.com/

I stopped playing A Call to Duty around the time I started AA and joined ADFTeam [smilie=jpshakehead.sml[1].gif]