Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

FDGStitch
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGStitch »

Are you a long way away from your exchange Cappy??

When I first had ADSL I was not really happy with my speed and then i was offered ADSL2+.

As it turns out if you are any further than about 4 K's from your exchange you are better off staying on standard ADSL as my speed on ADSL2+ dropped.

Now I have actual Cable but still being about 8K's from the exchange it's still a tad average for cable.

And Yes it's the fastest that PigPond supply.

Although it is fast I have seen much better from people like FDG Nudgey who I think lives on TOP of his exchange.
Chris aka FDG Stitch was a top bloke and we gamed for many years with him.. so sad to hear the news today (23-09-2018), only a couple years older than me..(ADF-Cheech) LIFE is SHORT...May Stitch rest in peace, condolences to his family and his friends here and beyond ADFTEAM.

FOG-TinTops
I'm a little shy

Post by FOG-TinTops »

Hi Cap
Like Stitch says it's very dependent on the distance to the first exchange that really matters, once there you're normally patched into a fibre or (Telstra operated) microwave bearer anyway mate.

Do you use one of those silly line filters on the phone line?
Do you have a POTS handset you can plug into the line and listen for any noise?
Have you tried reporting you connection speed issue to TPG?

And speaking of TPG (i was with them too once so don't flame me for this comment) I've spoken to some techos lately and they've had to go and repair some of their installs and have gone to some sites and just scratched their heads at the poor way the jobs were done..

I don't know if you'd do any better via satellite but then you'd have other issues to deal with...