A Good Idea

Chat about anything.............
ADF-Dave
ADF Member
ADF Member

A Good Idea

Post by ADF-Dave »

I think God still digs humanity, but it seems to me that it would bother Him to see the stuff that gets carried out in His name. Wars, bigotry, televangelism. Especially the factioning of all the religions. I think humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it. I'm not saying having beliefs isn't good, I just think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive. Working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth. New ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.

What do you, the readers at home think?

steve24622
I'm a little shy

Post by steve24622 »

How do you know im at home ???

Get off my front yard, Stop looking in my window. [smilie=smiley_abus[1].gif]

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

I Think you should share what your smoking hahaahah........
Sounds good to me mate MADOZ MADOZ MADOZ MADOZ MADOZ

FDGStitch
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGStitch »

I am not a religious person and I make no secret of that.

My own belief is that religion was put in place by the powers that be as a form of social engineering.

My brother turned to religion a while back, let me tell you he becomes rather annoying when he starts preaching at me.

He tells me that when I die, I will not be allowed in Gods house, this sorta disturbed me, only in the way that his god is meant to be a benevolent god.
(All forgiving that is)

Doesn't sound to benevolent to me.

I do believe there is something after death, actually I feel I know it.

And when I die, all will be welcome in my house...

YES YES YES!!! Even Cheechy... he will bring the good stuff... [smilie=laugh[2].gif]

Oh yeah and Davey, stop peakin in Steve's window... [smilie=laugh[2].gif]
Chris aka FDG Stitch was a top bloke and we gamed for many years with him.. so sad to hear the news today (23-09-2018), only a couple years older than me..(ADF-Cheech) LIFE is SHORT...May Stitch rest in peace, condolences to his family and his friends here and beyond ADFTEAM.

Goanna
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by Goanna »

I'm like Stitch, not a religious person, and I too believe that there is "something" after death. I don't like those who come knocking on my door on Sunday's trying to shove their particular brand of religion down my throat. Odd that I say I'm not a religious person when, at 15 my goal in life was to become a priest........................................ then I discovered GIRLS big time [smilie=laugh[2].gif]

Cheers

G
Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check 3 friends. If they're OK, you're it.

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

I wont be shy about it and most of you know that I'm a Christian. I don't go preaching to people which is not for me, that's more the "Jehovah Witness" Which is just another religion that's full of poop up there with Scientology, Catholics are ok but have too much show.

I just like to do whats right and still help people that are in need. Whilst having a great time myself. [smilie=smiley_abzv[1].gif]
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.