car audio

Chat about anything.............
HelSinG
I said my first word today!!!

car audio

Post by HelSinG »

hey guys i was after some opinions on car audio for my ute. i have a 2x4 mazda BT-50 i am looking at possibly 2 subs and an upgrade in the stock speakers aswell. any suggestions or anyone has a similar set up?
Last edited by HelSinG on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ADF-Cable
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-Cable »

i used to compete in spl comps across the years - ask sniper what i can get 2 x 10's sounding like

IMO - set your sights and goals for gear to be your final setup - dont go through the upgrade path coz it costs you waaay more.

For front stage get a good set of splits and OVERPOWER them!!!! ie. if they are 100watts each - get a 200watt per channel amp to drive them (to use a car analogy, you dont want to be redlining your engine when doing 100kph on the highway)

for subs - its better to get 1 or 2 subs and overpower them again - not cheap gear, good brand gear in a proper enclosure tuned, and give them more power than you'll need - like a 500watt sub i would run a 800-1000watt MINIMUM amp....

but for me, a meaty single 10 or 12 and a ballsy amp should do....

Steer clear of your clasion and kenwood and stuff - go for a good rockford fosgate or mtx etc.....

They will cost you more, but really last...

I dropped $10k on my system over 10 years ago and they are all still going strong..... (Mine is OLD SCHOOL Soundstream and earthquake...)

Hope this helps!!!

- Timmy
[marq=left] [font=Comic Sans MS] ADF Rocks!!! [/marq][/font]

HelSinG
I said my first word today!!!

Post by HelSinG »

that has been great help especially with the advice to overpower them i would never have even though about that, i think my stock speakers are 6" should i upgrade them to 6x9's also do u know if mtx or rockford make slimline subs