A letter from a AA3 DEV

Chat about anything.............
ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

A letter from a AA3 DEV

Post by ADF-Cheech »

http://www.noobified.com/ check it out!!!!!!!

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

taken from both the AA forums and aao30.com.
So it does not get delete ;)

A post from a DEV

Feydr:

I worked as a Dev at AA Emeryville for the last year and a half and I hope I can appeal to your rationality and common sense. I would like you to imagine trying to build a game with an impossible deadline, steadily declining workforce (via firings), A hiring freeze, constantly being fed misinformation, having the “higher ups” completely ignore your weekly plea for either A) more time, or B) more manpower, working a ton of unpaid overtime, pouring your heart and soul into a misadventure only to have the uniformed community scoff at you for uncontrollable variables….. RIGHT when you’ve just lost your job.

There are problems with the release beyond the devs control. In fact, the bureaucracy is so convoluted that you can’t even begin to imagine the breadth and scope of B.S. the devs had to deal with daily. in short, imagine being the subcontractor of a subcontractor of a contractor to the government. Sure Millions of dollars may have been poured into this project, but how much do you think made it to the actual DEV team, the people MAKING the game, after it was filtered by the bureaucracy?

I realize if you are a gamer, you rightly expect a game to work. period. But I would ask that you imagine for a second that you actually DON’T understand what it takes to make this particular game, and you really don’t understand the many obstacles that were placed in front of the Devs… in nerdy terms: A Kobiyashi maru.

What I would like you to understand is that the Devs did everything they could, worked a TON of unpaid overtime, put their time and passion into an un-winnable situation, and were effectively stabbed in the back. Many of these guys are my close friends, they have family to take care of, and overpriced rent to deal with. They just came off busting their butts for months, to be let go, without warning. Perhaps a little empathy is in order here.

Almost every multiplayer online game has problems upon release. These problems become exaggerated when a development team is kept in constant turmoil and paranoia via misinformation and a high rate of employee turnover. When the people you trust around you are being let go, it becomes difficult to emotionally invest yourself in the titanic sinking ship. Nonetheless, I can tell you the Devs STILL pushed themselves as hard as they could.

Furthermore, the problem with the game at this point, has everything to do with the authentication servers being slammed, A.K.A not a controllable variable by the Devs. Sure there are bugs, they WERE being fixed, and now you’ll be lucky to see any fixes in the near future.

For those of you who think Redstone CENSORED will do a better job, well…. I won’t have to tell you that you’re sadly mistaken because you’ll see for yourself.

I’m not sure why i’ve felt compelled to write this when I’m sure it will get deleted, or even scoffed at further, but I hoped to let the fans know that we tried as hard as we could and are very bummed to see the fruits of our labor shoved at gamers like a heaping pile of crap.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

[smilie=jump_fire[1].gif]

What a pain...

poor bugger..i could see this being very true...

Pollies always get into the way... we should send them first to war..then the old ..then the young hahah

[smilie=beerchug[1].gif]
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

mmm [smilie=jpshakehead.sml[1].gif]

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

As far as i can determine, so far.

This is a hoax.

ADF-Shady
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Shady »

I still think everyone is over-reacting....

Give it a week a two.

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

But the BEERS are at the top m88y..
[smilie=smiley_abzv[1].gif]

[smilie=laugh[2].gif] [smilie=laugh[2].gif]

I have been unable to download the program, i have done some checking on the line speed..

I get drops to download, 10 kbits /sec
upload, 1015 kbit/sec

then a couple minutes later i get ;
I get to download at , 266 kbits /sec
upload, 1195 kbit/sec

So it drops the connection, and i cannt get anything downloaded..Grr

so, if your still able MadOz to send off a copy that would be great..
Cheers
[smilie=beerchug[1].gif]
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

Hox or not, sounds like the real deal anyway :D
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.