Canada salute our fallen soldiers, USA abuse Canada again

Chat about anything.............
ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Canada salute our fallen soldiers, USA abuse Canada again

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

Hi Everyone,

You may have heard the recent broadcast on Fox News about the Canadian Military. It was by far the most disrespectful broadcast ever aired. My mom, Cathie Brock, wrote an incredible letter and sent it to Fox News and local radio stations. She of course heard nothing back from Fox News but Talk 640 was so impressed with what she wrote they read it on the air and interviewed her live (and she did great). Our family is so proud of her.

For those of you who know my mom, you already know that she loves to write her letters but this one was something special. The letter has already circulated from friends to friends that my mom recieved an email back from a mother of a solider (whom she doesn't know), thanking her for her support. The mother has now sent it to her son in the military who is sharing it with many of our Canadian soliders. How amazing!!!

Mom you made us proud! You said it perfectly!

Enjoy the letter!

Danielle Walker

Re: Fox - Red Eye Rant Against Canada

In responding to ignorance, one has to steadfastly guard against judging everyone for the very bad behaviour of just a few. But today, it will take a little more effort, because today, we receive home 4 young men – fallen soldiers whose families have listened to their country and their military being mocked by a bunch of misspeaking yahoos in and around the same time period as they receive back their dead. I do not believe the comedic-challenged satirist ‘wannabe’ ignoramus from Fox’s Red Eye (Greg Gutball, or something) represents the majority of Americans. My fear, however, is that because so many Americans know so little about Canada and Canadians, the outrageous comments made by Mr. Gutgarp, (or something) will be accepted as factual by an unenlightened audience.

Canada , known to Mr. What’s His Name as ‘that ridiculous Country’ received home four fallen heroes. They died in two separate incidents while serving in the American led war in Afghanistan . The mother of one of the soldier’s held her little baby as she watched her husband’s casket moved from the transport plane to a CENSORED and with great dignity and pride, she saluted her husband, her baby’s dad.

Sadly, the Fox comedic-challenged satirist wannabe ignoramus and his silly band of followers did not realize that Canada – you know that ridiculous country with no army – actually has a higher proportionate loss than the Americans. And while I suspect the following approximate statistics re military deaths in Afghanistan are not important to ‘the most powerful nation in the universe’, please indulge me:

U.S.A. 300,000,000 667 military killed

Canada 30,000,000 116 military killed

U.K. 60,000,000 152 military killed

Mr. Gutfeld, I know we’re not Americans – a cross we all have to bear in this ‘ridiculous country’, but we also are not the enemy. We are the A L L I E S. Our loss is no less and no more significant than American families losing a solider to war. The same goes for our policemen, who are some of the best in the world. This summer, more Canadian RCMP will be travelling to Afghanistan as police mentors. But not to worry, they will leave their red jackets and horses at home.

You say you didn’t mean to show disrespect. I didn’t hear it that way. Your shtick wasn’t funny, your timing for a Canada bash was awful, and your lack of awareness of who is actually fighting this fight is quite unbelievable given that you are on a News station.

So, today our soldiers will not get pedicures or manicures or run along beaches in white capris (???); rather some will fight, some will salute their fallen comrades, some will pack to go overseas to serve in the American led war in Afghanistan .

In the meantime, I will go to a bridge and wave a flag and salute our fallen soldiers. We do that here in Canada . Every time a fallen soldier is repatriated, we stand on the bridges along the 401 Highway – now officially named Highway of Heroes. As the CENSORED pass by on their way to the Coroner’s Office in Toronto , we cry and wave and salute and quietly thank our men and women for their ultimate service.

Here is a link - h3IutxvltBM . Or, you can Google Highway of Heroes.

I like a good laugh – but call me ‘ridiculous’ I just don’t think this or you was funny.

Just my opinion,

Cathie Brock

cathie..brock@rogers..com

106 Canadian soldiers lost in Afghanistan 2002-2009

CDzdODnxOE4&NR=1
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

what is it with some yanks that they think they are better than every one else?
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.