ADF-d3v1l
ADF Member
ADF Member

The new weapon

Post by ADF-d3v1l »

just about built my new system. its a corker

Thermaltake Xaser 6 LCS Silver Aluminium Case with Integrated Liquid Cooling
Thermaltake ToughPower 1500 Watt Active PFC Cable Management, SLI & EPS support
MSI ECLIPSE SLI Intel X58 Express Tri-Channel DDR3 1600Mhz X-Fi XTREME AIDIO ATi CrossFire
XFX 9800GTX+ XXX 512meg 256Bit DDR3 x 2
Western Digital 300 gig 10,000rpm SATA VELOCI RAPTOR x 2
ADATA Twin Pack 4GB (2x2GB) EXTREME EDITION DDR3 1600+ OverClocking

still shopping around for a processor

ADF-Shady
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Shady »

Very nice.... im gunna miss mine. :(

ADF-Mesiah
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Mesiah »

kewl sounds great but u know u will still play like a NOOB :) HOOAH just kidding mate sounds like a kick ass system
[smilie=jump_fire[1].gif]

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

ADF-Shady wrote:Very nice.... im gunna miss mine. :(
? Miss Yours ?

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Re: The new weapon

Post by FDGFinger »

ADF-d3v1l wrote:just about built my new system. its a corker

Thermaltake Xaser 6 LCS Silver Aluminium Case with Integrated Liquid Cooling
Thermaltake ToughPower 1500 Watt Active PFC Cable Management, SLI & EPS support
MSI ECLIPSE SLI Intel X58 Express Tri-Channel DDR3 1600Mhz X-Fi XTREME AIDIO ATi CrossFire
XFX 9800GTX+ XXX 512meg 256Bit DDR3 x 2
Western Digital 300 gig 10,000rpm SATA VELOCI RAPTOR x 2
ADATA Twin Pack 4GB (2x2GB) EXTREME EDITION DDR3 1600+ OverClocking

still shopping around for a processor
hi there, don't mean to be a sticky beak but you know that your plugging a nvidia card in to an ati board? it will work but you'll have issues trying sli in the future. as another suggestion you could reduce the psu by a fair amount. i think you'll be over powering your system... if you did throttle back a little you could put a larger card in like the 260 for the same money across the board.

hope it all works out
E8200 @ 3.8Ghz, P5E, Custom Water, Custom Case, 6GB DDR2, 275 GTX, X-Fi Extreme, Raptors in Raid0 & Cav Blk for storage

ADF-d3v1l
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-d3v1l »

yes u are right as i didnt realy look to far into it. im gonna swap the board over so now im looking for the right board and processor. my next problem is the cooling setup. now i been thinking about it as solid is thermaltake gear i have seen a few radiators and mainly pumps come back into work due to failure. if the pump stops im gonna fry my gear [smilie=71.gif]

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

i've just finished helping ADF McMann plan his new rig. he to was looking at a thermatake case with integrated water... in the begining. (this build has subsequently morphed in to a true monster) the thermaltake cases basicly have a version of their 'big water' series installed in them. not being a fan of the 'big water' series, (i have seen benchmark tests that rate some air cooler as being better - the zalman 9700-led being a pime example costing only $70), as well as prefering to avoid integrated systems - we put together a plan that was better and cheaper. this was what we came up with:

maccas origional Thermaltake Armor+ LCS Black Case (No PSU- VH600LBWS) priced from $409 to $545 med price $477 - he didn't break down his prices so i had to guess.
compared to the Thermaltake Armor+ MX Black VH8000BWS $159. so, $477 - $159 = $318 to spend on a water cooling system
i recomended:
1 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=1663
1 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=8299
2m x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=771
2 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=690
1 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=5453
1 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=2792
1 x http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=5679

this is a fair setup and comes in at $296.50 + case = $455.5 (under budget). i've used pc case gear as a one stop shop as it has pretty pictures and the pricing ain't all that bad. you can get the part cheaper elseware on the net. it is also only an example of what can be done - given time a better solution could be found i'm sure.

hope this helps... macca is now fully versed in big gaming rig building lol. i'd love to see a comment - macmann what do you think?
E8200 @ 3.8Ghz, P5E, Custom Water, Custom Case, 6GB DDR2, 275 GTX, X-Fi Extreme, Raptors in Raid0 & Cav Blk for storage

ADF-d3v1l
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-d3v1l »

swiching from water to air cooled wont be a problem i work where i got most of my gear so im thinking about going to the thermaltake speedo VI90001W2Z. and throwing a typhon cooler on the cpu and duorbs on the gpu's

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

i really like the speedo. infact i think that most thermaltake cases are great value. if you like the speedo have you had a look at the nzxt wisper? it doesn't have the clear side but is an excellent near silent solution. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcbqOqv3Q8
both the typhoon and the duo orb are good coolers depending on what your overall rig is going to be. i like the duo orb for older gpu's but newer cards like the nvidia 26's and 28's vent out the back of the case which is much more preferable. keep us posted on the build!

ADF-McMann
ADF Member
ADF Member

What finger said

Post by ADF-McMann »

Yeah Finger I agree with your choices for water cooling. Although I have decided to just go with a heap of fans and heatsink upgrades on the cpu and gpu I think the specs you came up with are the way to go. Stay away from integrated anything if you can. And I think I already sent an PM regarding the PSU, I ended up going 850w but am now thinking of swapping to 1000w just for crossfire 1gb 4870's... 1500w is gunna slaughter ya electricity bill... Good luck with it all

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

Thermaltake V8 Cooler is what iam goin with. [smilie=flicks.gif]

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

cool choice medic, the v8 looks great and performs really well!

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

"BUMP" so how are these projects going? where's the pickies for us all to leer over :)

ADF-McMann
ADF Member
ADF Member

PSU's

Post by ADF-McMann »

Well I ended up going the 850 W Thermaltake Qpower, funny thing is that I also installed a Zalman ZM-MFC2, which not only monitors and controls up to four fan RPMs but also probes four spots with in the case to give degree Celsius readings via temperature probes. The overall reason I chose this drive bay controller over some of the others on offer at PC Case Gear is that the Zalman ZM-MFC2 also intercepts the PSU power in plug and monitors Watt draw from the house mains. Guess Watt? LOL... Whether gaming with highest GPU settings or running diagnostics to give all systems a huge workout, the highest load draw I have monitored is around 250W, which really shouts out something about the energy efficiency measures designed into the Thermaltake QPower series from Thermaltake.

Just as a P.S. I don't know if all the Thermaltake case fans are similar in this regards but the Armour +MX has molex instead of 3pin connectors which really makes it difficult to connect fans to an external fan controlling unit, I am still searching for a solution to this issue but would like to hear from other Thermaltake Case owners regarding the fan power connector.
[IMG:680:198]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv31 ... /macca.gif[/img]
DB9 contains Lanparty UT X48-T3RS, Quad Q9550 & Blue Orb FX, 4GB G.Skill DDR3 1333,
1GB RADEON 4870, 3 x Seagate 500GB, Armor+ M

Kenny88
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Kenny88 »

my mate that is helping me choose my computer this is a link to a forum of his computer, check it out its so neat!!

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=8785

tel me what ya think!

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

a very tidy setup. its nice to see folks using clean lines rather than a mass of gear. if your mate is happy with a q66 oc and understands fsb etc i am sure he will be a great aid to you build! hooah