Computer just dies in the butt...???Driver dieing or windows

Chat about anything.............
ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Computer just dies in the butt...???Driver dieing or windows

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information>>

Problem report summary

Problem type>>

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?>>

No

What does this problem mean?>>

Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause>>

Unknown

Computer symptoms>>

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take>>

Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible  

Anyone got a idea??  reboot just fix it for a little bit, but it just happens again... its a real pain in the butt eh... any help is good..thanks
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

Need more info Capt.

What drivers?
What were you doing when it died?
What does the error message actually say or is there an error number?
Is your post the error message?

FDGStitch
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGStitch »

I opened up my case a week or two ago.

I think there was some residual dust from the Hiroshima bomb blast as the amount of dust in there was unbelievable..

Blue screens i have always associated with hardware problems as opposed to drivers..
But i really know jack!!!!!

I would perform some surgery and disconnect and reconnect all inside your case, IDE cables and power sources, especially...

Wow other than that, run a Virus/ spyware scan???

That would really annoy me too Cap, I hope you get it worked out.
Chris aka FDG Stitch was a top bloke and we gamed for many years with him.. so sad to hear the news today (23-09-2018), only a couple years older than me..(ADF-Cheech) LIFE is SHORT...May Stitch rest in peace, condolences to his family and his friends here and beyond ADFTEAM.

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

Google your error code.Worked for me.

ADF-Lefty
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Lefty »

its happened to me before plenty of times, usually a reboot gets it going for me again but other than that like Muzz said Google the error code

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

yeah thanks everyone..
Yeah my post was ..much the error message
:"stop error":

and i never got to see the blue screen as ..I was never on at the time it died..as i always leave the computer on...

again thanks for you help..will get the air compressor going and do a blow out... see if that helps..

cheers all
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

No dont blow.Suck.All you do is push the dust where it shouldnt be. [smilie=jpshakehead.sml[1].gif]

Archon
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Archon »

ha.. Try reinstalling drivers, it could be something u recently installed is conflicting, has rewritten a file that the suspect driver needs.

It could also be ur RAM, usually Blue Screen can be assoiated with RAM faults and System file corruptions, which then defer to ur harddrive... Sooo... goto google and find a RAM test.. Vista comes with 1 if u have it, 2 acually. Type Mem test in ur start bar search, or Memory Diagnostic.

There are also serveral HDD test programs available on the internet, running some of those might find a problem..

Where major fualts are found, replace where necessary. A few Hard RAM faults is usuall for old RAM. HDD's are worn with age, usaully only last 2-5 years MAX.. I personally never had a HDD that lasted more than 2.5 years. But thats to do with usage i suppose :P Â [smilie=Crash[1].gif]

As stitch said, if u are still getting the issue, then open ur case and make sure ur ram DIMMS (or slots) are free from foreign objects, dust, fluff ect. And check ur IDE's or SATA connections.. this shouldnt be ur problem if ur computer hasnt moved much.

Let us know ey. Cheers.

(EDIT=Spelling Errors  [smilie=furax[1].gif] )