Post by ADF-BUNGY »

Everyone should add their sig to this and tell ya mates to as well

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbgunaus/petition.html

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

Here is some info I found on the issue.

Australia

In Australia airsoft is illegal for most practical purposes. Australian law classifies Air and BB guns as "Category A" weapons, placing then in the same class as break-action shotguns and rimfire rifles, and acquiring a licence to possess (e.g.) a pistol requires a rigorous and laborious process of police background checks. You must also have a legitimate reason and be able to prove that reason before you are allowed possession of a firearm, regardless if either airsoft or live-fire. Anyone found in Australia possessing an unlicensed airsoft pistol faces the same charge as a person who unlawfully possesses an actual firearm.

Airsoft Australia is aiming to get airsoft redefined as a sport and allow it to be legally accepted. This will only be possible by restrictions on how replicas can be obtained (Over 18 and an airsoft specific licence (is hoped) to be required of the player), for protection of the sport in general and others.

Unfortunately, Airsoft Australia has failed to make any significant leeway with the Government, nor any impact whatsoever on legislation. The website appears to have been hacked and is no longer online.

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

Here is some more info.

For every firearm, a purchaser must obtain a Permit To Acquire. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. The law excludes self-defence as a reason for issuing a licence.

Firearms in Australia must each be registered to the owner by serial number. Some states (eg QLD and NSW) allow an owner to store or borrow another owner's firearm of the same category, while others do not (eg WA).

Firearms categories

Firearms in Australia are grouped into Categories with different levels of control. The categories are:

* Category A: rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, paintball guns, and airsoft/soft air rifles (depending on State).

* Category B: centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after January 1, 1901.

* Category C: semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. (Restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and proffesional sporting shooters can own working Category C firearms)

* Category D: semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action/semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds (Category D Firearms are restricted to occupational shooters.)

* Category H: handguns including air pistols, deactivated handguns and firearms not exceeding 65 cm in total length. Target shooters can acquire handguns of .38" calibre or less.

(Participants in "approved" competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is not "approved" for the larger calibres, for unstated reasons. Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols, and magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handgun collectors are exempt from the laws stated above.)

* Category R: restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, .50-calibre BMG weapons, etc. (Collectors in some states only, weapons must be comprehensively deactivated. Deactivated firearms are still subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as 'live' firearms in many States.)

Antique firearms can in some states be legally bought, owned (and, in some states, used) without licences. In other states they are subject to the same requirements as modern firearms.

Single-shot muzzleloading firearms manufactured before January 1, 1901 are considered antique firearms in all cases. Antique percussion revolvers and cartridge repeating firearms require licenses in all states except Queensland and Victoria, where an individual may possess such a firearm without a license, so long as the firearm is registered.

Australia is unusual in restricting air pistols and airsoft pistols extremely heavily. Airsoft Firearms are legal in some states on a Category A licence, but only Bolt action Rifle airsoft firearms are legal for sale and ownership, and all airsoft firearms must have a unique Serial number that is registered with the state and federal government.

ADF-Snake
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Snake »

Signed and everything :D

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

Hooah bungy  ive signed [smilie=halm[1].gif]

dodgey
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by dodgey »

Well I'm not signing, in my job I've seized hundreds of these airsoft guns some of them so real in weight and looks you have to be experienced to know they are Airsoft and not real.  Dont get me wrong I was brought up with guns and have spent most of my working life using or carrying one so I dont see a need for them to be made legal as they will kill you just as easily as a real gun. [smilie=jpshakehead.sml[1].gif]

PS they arent all made of plastic and that goes for the pellets as well, maybe the idiot who started the petition should do his research. [smilie=2[4].gif]

ADF-Mesiah
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Mesiah »

yes

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

gees i didnt know they where illegal....i had one growing up......ask my brother and his buttocks :)

ADF-Bollard
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Bollard »

What i frigin hate is the fact that we have to abide to laws that are in place because of the 1% of wee wee out there. I thought we lived in a democractic country were you can do what you want WRONG we have that many laws and poop that the Police dont even now them all. All laws should be scaped and start again, make the criminal the criminal not the victim would be the first change and stop every body sueing everybody, sry getting on my soapbox, but we should all just live for the betterment of each other and work together in harmony
ps I have signed the petition I had heaps and heaps of guns when i was a kid I have never shot any 1. My dad used them to teach my responsability and saftey. We as a community have stop trusting people just because there are a few wee wee out there

ADF-Aztec
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Aztec »

Done Well done on this find Bungy, they are preventing me from getting one of these http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftAssault ... H3181.html

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

Oh thats nice! That would look good hanging on my wall. Oh yea Dodgey I think the person that made the survey should have been more detailed. Its stupid that we cant do paint ball in Victoria and that we have to goto NSW to play it. Thats why I hate the gun laws! Guns never killed people, death kills people. Iv been shot by a gun and im not dead!
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-Aztec
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Aztec »

Maybe the Guy who shot you was drunk? lol

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

I shot a rabbit and myself at the same time.

ADF-Bollard
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Bollard »

How the hell did you shot a rabbit and yourself at the same time, did you have a richochy or something :-)
This idiot I new as a kid tried to kill him self with a 22 put it to the right side of his chest and pulled the trigger, needlesly to say he is still alive and only has this little 1 cent piece scare (and yes he is a wee wee)

ADF-Liberal
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Liberal »

Hey sniper, did you know that there is a Paintball centre opening not far from you in Wodonga...

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

ADF-Sniper wrote:I shot a rabbit and myself at the same time.
Well, done Sniper.... Did It Run accross your foot whilst you were shooting it ???

They make nice hat's    :]']  rabbits that is...
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

lol Capt, Na parts of a pallet rickashay and came back at my arm.

Hey Lib, you coming to this get together again? Same place. And I hope your right!

ADF-Lefty
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Lefty »

guns dont kill people. Irresponsible people kill people and a gun may be a weapon but a cars can be weapons along with many other objects that we may come across in life. we do not have many shootings in australia for that we must be grateful but we have more deaths in cars a year than shootings in ten so before you judge guns on them being inhumane just remember you probably drive something that has more potential to kill someone even yourself than what a gun has so keep that in mind before you judge guns

ADF-Nobbie
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Nobbie »

Oh I don't know. It seems to me that looking at somewhere like the USA now, and even more so, the UK,  having the availability of a gun to settle an arguement over the good old fistycuffs ensures that the result is going to be much more likely a fatal result.

Last month, a girl in Melbourne decided to settle some diferences by going to school on a stabbing campaign. Not knowing what could have happened, I have considered what the result could have been if the knife was substituted for a gun instead. I guess I watch too many COPS shows.

I used to go shooting a lot when I was a kid and my most prized posession was my 1st scoped 22. However, I'm happy to think that there is less likely a chance that another Nobbies could be out there wielding a piece like that :)

Nobbies Climbs off his soapbox.........

ADF-Bollard
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Bollard »

Very true Nobbies but why should the majority of us suffer for the few idiots out there. And in my opion kids get it to easy these days is why they get pissed of and take guns and Knifes to school. Bring back the gane and or the belt did not harm me at school and I got it a lot :-). We need to grow up as people and stop making laws for the few that break them, hell we have lost all our trust in each other