Inquiry

Anything to do with the game America's Army and our America's Army servers.
VET_Bud
I said my first word today!!!

Inquiry

Post by VET_Bud »

Members,

It's imperative that your ranking member contact me at your earliest conveniece at t34617 (at) msn (dot) com, or via [VET]Bud by PM at America's Army forum.

Regards,

[VET]Bud
America's Army Forum member since 2005

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

here is the link for more info:

Helping new & old Players - AACM "Sign Up"

suggest all admins have a look.

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

having read the thread in the AA Forums,

i think this suggested program mirrors what ADF_Team is all about.

I vote we support it.

Sniper (as ranking member) - will need to contact [VET]Bud to find out more no doubt.

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

Yeah i agree Bungy looks like a good idea
i would put my name down to help.....and maybe get some training myself
MADOZ MADOZ MADOZ MADOZ

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

I think there would be a few of us :D
Sent a reply. [smilie=smiley_abzv[1].gif]
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

[smilie=beerchug[1].gif]

GOOD IDER'

[smilie=laugh[2].gif] [smilie=laugh[2].gif]
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

From the AA forum for those who haven't seen it.

"GBGangsta - AACM (AA Community manager) wrote:
At this stage I would be interested in finding out how many people would be interested in acting as Mentors for new players within a scheme such as this.

I would stress that it will not constitute any official position but would be a unique public service we could offer to encourage new players to remain in the game.

I would ask that anyone interested should email aacm@americasarmy.com with the following format.

Subject Line : New Player Mentor

In Game Name :

Map Specialty :

Hours available to Mentor :

A similar request has been made to the volunteers and once we have a better picture of the potential levels of involvement we can potentially look at taking it a step further. Please do not expect an initial response to this email as it is purely a way of calculating levels of interest. All communications will however be retained should we elect to move forwards.

Thanks

Pat"

I have emailed AACM and indicated I willing to help in whatever capacity I can.

if you haven't yet, then do so today. :) cutoff for expression of interest is Tuesday (USA). They will then decide if it will go further based on interest I suppose.

Kenny88
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Kenny88 »

just signed up hooah!!! everybody knows im a nublet hahaha [smilie=animjoint.sml[1].gif]

VET_Bud

Post by VET_Bud »

Staff, Members, and Guests,

August 5, 2008 will mark a historical step in America's Army, where many came together to help one player at a time. Our America's Army Community Manager has posted the following message in New Players forum, signaling the start of a journey that all of us thought may never come, and here it is! Below is his post.

Index » America's Army - Main » New Players wrote:
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/t ... angsta.jpg[/img]

In an effort to expand the features available to our players America's Army, with the assistance of Community members, is considering introducing a new team of Mentors.We understand that there is a big gap between completing Basic Training and being able to hold your own on a Public Server and that getting lost and killed in the first 20 seconds of a round may not be that much
fun. The Mentors will be there to provide Continuation Training to enable you as a New Player to understand how the varied maps within America's Army work and enable you to have a more enjoyable time as quickly as possible.

We are looking at having one session per week focusing on a specific map where the Mentors will instruct you on how to, in their opinions, best survive both Assault and Defense. The sessions will last approximately one hour, split between the two sides of the map, concluding with a free play session to put in to practice what you have learned.

We have had a significant number of Mentors sign up to help and now we need to see how many New Players would be interested in signing up for a session.

If this is a feature that you would find useful and something that you would be interested in participating in, please make a post in this thread.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Below is an outline of how we can embrace this and help kick it off by getting the word out through word of mouth, posting, and sharing this address (below) with online players having difficulties. With as many of us that can help, these few first days may prove to be our biggest challenge, getting new players to get involved. Our best effort should be to encourage and dispell any fears these new players may have that this is anything less than genuine and authentic, and by far the best source of information, tips, and help that is available anywhere online.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic ... 08#2706008

Wishing all of success,

Richard

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

HOOAH i just posted...looking forward to helping out and getting some help myself
Cheers Cheech

ADF-Snake
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Snake »

Soon as i get my AA workin' i'll sign up aswell.

.-=(ADF-Snake)=-. - Pipeline mentor! [smilie=bowdown[1].gif]

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

DONE M8..

G Day M88Y

Subject Line : New Player Mentor

In Game Name :
.-=(ADF-CaptCC)=-.

Map Specialty :
172nd Sep. Infantry BDE172nd Sep. Infantry BDE
Pipeline
Bridge Crossing

10th Mountain Division10th Mountain Division
Insurgent Camp

82nd Airborne82nd Airborne
FLS Assault
JRTC Farm Raid

75th Ranger Regiment75th Ranger Regiment
Weapons Cache
Radio Tower
Dusk
Interdiction

Special ForcesSpecial Forces
SF Hospital
SF Recon
SF Arctic
SF Extraction
SF Hospital SE

SF ExclusiveSF Exclusive
SF Pipeline
SF Blizzard
SF Water Treatment
SF SnakePlain

Official User Created Maps 1Official User Created Maps 1
SMU GH River Village

Official User Created Maps 2Official User Created Maps 2
SMU SF Floodgate

Advanced MarksmanshipAdvanced Marksmanship
Airborne SchoolAirborne School
Medic TrainingMedic Training
Special Forces TrainingSpecial Forces Training
Advanced TrainingAdvanced Training

Hours available to Mentor :

2- 4 HOURS A WEEK TO START, OR MORE IF THEY WISH TO COME INTO A SERVER I'M PLAYING ON AT THE TIME.

HOOAH

CaptCC out.
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

VET_Bud

Post by VET_Bud »

Staff,

In an effort to bolster this project, the AACM is seeking player input, specifically how new players feel about being mentored.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic ... 08#2706008

While this effort is geared towards new players, at this time, I have taken a position to sign up to receive training, to experience the process and better understand what the AACM has in mind. Certainly, I'm not asking veteran players to do the same. However, if there are recruits within your ranks, that would be willing to, it being a once in a lifetime opportunity, experience this grassroots project first hand, that would help this process move forward. By volunteering to be a player being trained, would better equip Mentors, and help identify issues in the program.

Do you think this is a plausible suggestion, and if so, do you think one or more of your newer personnel would be willing to participate in this capacity?

Regards,

Richard "[VET]Bud" Beers
America's Army Forum Member since 2005

VET_Bud

Post by VET_Bud »

Members,

As of August 9 of 2008, http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic ... 17#2694417 link has been temporarily closed. The last post http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic ... 46#2707346 reads as follows:
"I think for the moment this subject can take a pause.

We, that is to say AGP, are now going through a number of validation processes not least of which is the beginning of background checks of all of the people who have kindly indicated that they would be interested in mentoring.

Once this process is concluded and we are ready to move to the next stage I will re-open this thread and we can continue discussions.

I thank you all for your input and will report back as soon as possible.

Pat"
I haven't been able to update the Op Ed due to its closure so in the best interest of all parties, I'm visiting each unit to provide this update. I wish I had more information to regarding this phase.

Regards,

Richard

VET_Bud

Post by VET_Bud »

While the forums have been locked, the effort continues to gather moss to a stone that keeps tumbling, picking up speed, and will not be restrained. This post is my best effort outside of the forums, where this effort began, to maintain the momentum that is reflected in your contribution, among others! This effort lives because of each of you, where together, we will do great things. The use of America's Army Academy, as is just a title, reflects all groups involved, and does not represent a new clan, not at all. While we move to support AGP's activity, we will strive to give each player the best of both worlds, either as Mentors, or in a capacity that supplements that through soon to be discussed among us, as an alternative seperate of AGP's activity. While I support them as well, their is more that needs to be done, and with everyone's input, we can begin to shape this noble cause.

Your group is already an asset to the group and there is no need to reply to this post. It is to encourage others to get involved. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and involvement.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic ... 01#2711201
Make a difference today in the service of others.

Join a community of players, clans, groups, and units with one mission ~ to support players.

Among us, are people with expertise in every facet of America's Army : Special Forces 2.8.3.1. Our mission statement is to provide direct support to each and every player, whether they are navigating America's Army website, the forums, setting up an account, to downloading, installing, patching, and configuring their game, all in real time! Using ingame chat, voice communication, public and private servers, players goals will be our priority, from start to finish. And when they leave our care, they are welcome to return and give back to the community, either as a backup team, or apply to become a staff member, providing their own expertise to this noble cause.

Our support doesn't end until the player leaves our care, insuring they are prepared for whatever awaits them on the battlefield.

What are players looking for in a volunteer?

Players that practice selflessness, sacrifice, and integrity in all they do. We ask no less of ourselves.

For more information, contact us with this Email

AGP's Mentor Project volunteers are listed within this activity and need not respond to this invitation.

[ PLEASE ~ DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD ~ USE THE EMAIL OR PM [VET]Bud ~ Thank you. ]

ADF-Cheech
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Cheech »

Hooah lets keep the stone rolling rolling rolling!!!!!!!!!!!! MADOZ MADOZ