Oliver Stone's JFK

Feeling a little alone tonight? How about a movie :) Come inside and see what we recommend.

Moderator: ADF-Sniper

ADF-Dave
ADF Member
ADF Member

Oliver Stone's JFK

Post by ADF-Dave »

The most powerful historians of the 21st century are film makers. It's those images that we remember. I think the young people of america, bright and intelligent people will believe everything that was said in a movie like Oliver Stone's JFK, and that's sad. A film maker like Oliver Stone is going to reach millions of people than any historian will with a book. So I think the problem that most real historians will have with a film like JFK, is not Oliver Stone's talent. He is a wonderful film maker, but that he used this conspiracy theory to put myths into the the american bloodstream that abide to this day. As a American I find this film insulting. I wonder what the Australian consensus of this film is if there is any. Oliver Stone's JFK examines the events leading to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and alleged subsequent cover-up, through the eyes of former New Orleans district attorney Jim Garrison, played by Kevin Costner.

Trailer: LwfI93JFyUY

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

The French Mafia Did It

[smilie=azcrying[1].gif] . [smilie=snajper[1].gif]
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

FOG-TinTops
I'm a little shy

Post by FOG-TinTops »

The film automatically loses any credibility by having Kevin Costner in it...