AVP REQUIEM

Feeling a little alone tonight? How about a movie :) Come inside and see what we recommend.

Moderator: ADF-Sniper

ADF-d3v1l
ADF Member
ADF Member

AVP REQUIEM

Post by ADF-d3v1l »

Well what can i say. Apart from having a ma15+ rating (weak) the story line was fast (a lil to quick) and the gore etc was on the low as i was expecting a blood bath but apart from a few disapointing things it was a good movie. I my self thought it was better than the first but my otherhalf thought otherwise. Its defanatlty a movie to see on the big screen so its worth going out and seeing. One really cool point in the movie the hybrid (if u havent seen the first there is a alien/predator hybrid born) goes into a hospital and into a birthing ward and impregnates pregnant women with multiple aliens, its freaky but cool. So all in all i'd rate this movie a 7 1/2 out of 10.

d3v1l out
Attachments
avpr-predalien.jpg
(58.97 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

Mick
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Mick »

Hay look its Donut.
Dispite the cost of living... It still remains quite popular...
Fight Crime Shoot Back...

The little hand says it time to rocken roll..

Archon
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Archon »

lmao...

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

Should be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. [smilie=flicks.gif]

ADF-Yodak
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Yodak »

AvP2 was a decent enough movie. Managed to see it in VMax (Largest screen in Australia apart from iMax... Hooah)

I have to agree, storyline was a little fast and yet, nothing like the preview hinted at either.

There were some parts during the movie where I was scratching my chin going "Huh... Wha?", but you'd only be doing that if you keep Alien AND Predator story canon in mind.

Overall, about an 8/10 from me

dodgey
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by dodgey »

The gore wasnt as strong as originally made as it made it a "R" Rating pity I'm over 18 and love gore. [smilie=76.gif]

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Re: AVP REQUIEM

Post by ADF-Muzz »

ADF-d3v1l wrote:Well what can i say. Apart from having a ma15+ rating (weak) the story line was fast (a lil to quick) and the gore etc was on the low as i was expecting a blood bath but apart from a few disapointing things it was a good movie. I my self thought it was better than the first but my otherhalf thought otherwise. Its defanatlty a movie to see on the big screen so its worth going out and seeing. One really cool point in the movie the hybrid (if u havent seen the first there is a alien/predator hybrid born) goes into a hospital and into a birthing ward and impregnates pregnant women with multiple aliens, its freaky but cool. So all in all i'd rate this movie a 7 1/2 out of 10.

d3v1l out
Damn I should ave used a condom

Picton
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Picton »

I saw this movie with a mixed group. Some of my m8s had seen the first AvP movie and some had not even seen a Aliens or Preditor movie. Over all most people understood the storie line and enjoyed the movie. However I was left with a sence that the movie was just lacking somthing. It seamed to have a few key parts missing. Thats why I think people beleive that it has a fast moving storie line. Again this movie was good and im not dissing it I just believe that there is something missing. Its almost like I was watching a 2 hour long tralier for the actual move, it left me just wanting more and feeling like some one had taken a big pair of sissors to the film strip, and cut out any part of it that had "adult" levels of gore.

Over all i give this a 6/10 I just feel that it was a bit of a let down due to the fact that each Aliens or Preditor movie unleshed new levels of gore and physical abuse. Were as this one does not push any limits, it seams to have found its confit zone and has settled into it for the time being. If they make another one I just hope that they push the gore up a knoch and lessen the storie line, after all thats the formular that worked with all the Aliens and Preditor movies b4 this one.

ADF-Shaggs
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Shaggs »

Meh, I didn't really like this movie. It wasn't as good as the first one. 5/10.

Smoke
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Smoke »

compared to the otehr alien movies and avp this was teh worst 1 yet in my raeting sorry guys but its how i feel
3.2 ghz quad core , 2gig's of geil 1200mhz ram, 2x 8800 gtx ultra's ,15000rpm hard drive's ,Altec Nine Hundred advanced gameing Case, 26inch flatron HD L246WH ,6.1 logitech surround sound with 2 addon 2000watt subs + a microphone and teamspeak = IS MY PER

ADF-TISM
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-TISM »

its supposed to follow the comoc book series of the same name. Personally the 1st AVP was excellent, a clever story line enough action to keep you alert and some cool effects.
The secnond one sucked, i knew it would start like it did it ws so predictable from the ending of the 1st one but there waqs no story and it seemed like a poor attemp at making a horor movie, with the gore that was in seemingly thrown in. I dont think the level of gore makes a movie, it need to keep me interested and this movie didnt do it.

Has anyone here played the AVP game? its getting on in years now but was the 1st multiplayer game i played on a LAN. Id love a copy and also get to play it again online maybe
Smite thy shepard and thy sheep will scatter

[img:400:100]http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/tism.png[/img]