Operating System help, tips and tricks.
ADF-TISM
ADF Member
ADF Member

What your weapon of choice - Keyboards and mouse chat

Post by ADF-TISM »

I just got myself a new mouse :)
A 4000dpi Razer Lachesis
Very frustrated i was,,, its def not a plug n play deal. Mouse skips, setting wont save and worst of all its a pain to get right. (compared to a standard of the packet windows mouse.
Some much appreciated help from bungy and alot of reading various reviews on diff sites i think i have finally got it just right.
First off if you buy one of these items, go to Razer website and DL updates!!!! Firmware AND Drivers. Skips and bugs fixed :)
2ndly. 4000dpi is a waste in my opinion. set at 4000 you move the mouse about 3mm on mat and do a 360 or more its outrageuos!
So i thought i would share my settings.

Windows Settings
Turn off Mouse acceleration in Control Panel.
Disable it in the Razer settings also (unhighlighted)

Now for the Razer Config Settings
Advanced Settings :
X axis 10
Y axis 10
Disable x-y Master Sensitivity
Win Pointer speed 10
Acceleration 1 and disabled anyway

Sensitivity Settings
About 5 on the scale
Scoll speed and Double CLick are personal choice
I have on the fly enabled but no buttons set up for this

Button assignments will be a personal thing and i have left mine as it came out of the box.
Now the tricky bit (well was to me as i had some trouble making these settings stick)

Polling rate: As far as i understand it this is the speed at which the mose communicates/refreshes/pings the PC. Correct me please if im wrong.
Changing this was screwing the setting i had for the DPI switcher... i dunno it just did.

Polling rate 500Hz
Dpi Switcher settings 500 1000 1500 2000 2500
With 1500 highlighted.

I also have
Auto Switching Override ON
Onscreen Display Enabled (cant see it in game only in desktop)
System Tray Default enabled

--------------------------------------------------------------
As for setting up profiles, i figured you would be able to adjust the polling rate, dpi switcher but it only seems to change the button config and the polling rate. In short the dpi switcher setting you choose are across all Profiles.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Overall its soo smooth and effortless to move and im using a bodgey rubber promo style mouse mat. You dont move the mouse with your palm, you glide it with you fingers. It does have 9 buttons 2 of which are not recognized by AA so are useless in my eyes. They switch profiles as standard but i will be disabling that too i think. As the button on the left side are not hard to push but do require some pressure, which comes from the opposite side of the mouse so if you click one of these you find the mouse switching profiles while locks it up for around 5 seconds while it loads i guess. So 7 usable buttons. Texture and feel is excellent with a rubberized top surface and finger dents for MOUSE 1 and 2 buttons. The scroll wheel (which is lit up, depending what color u buy, red white or blue i think) is notchy which i like and has enough increments to make it feel like a defined feel of how far youve scrolled. if that makes sense. Over all its rather long and low. So it suits big hands i think.

But best of all it has a cool pulsating triple snake Razer emblem.

Im new to anything like this (i still use a microsoft wave keyboard) So dont take what i say as gospel, and please share you ideas settings whatever as specific info on setting up these is hard to find. Its easy if you have a G5 :(
Smite thy shepard and thy sheep will scatter

[img:400:100]http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/tism.png[/img]

ADF-Squidz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Squidz »

i started reading, then got bored ...

a mouse is a mouse, if you need a better one, it's probably time to replace the one that you have ... if you're concerned about sensitivity, dont get wireless :)

ADF-Shady
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Shady »

I bought the Razor Diamondback 3G and the Razor Tarantula Keyboard.

Both work great.

FDGFinger
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by FDGFinger »

my choice was a G15 with a LX7 mouse
E8200 @ 3.8Ghz, P5E, Custom Water, Custom Case, 6GB DDR2, 275 GTX, X-Fi Extreme, Raptors in Raid0 & Cav Blk for storage

ADF-Snake
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Snake »

I use a G15 Gaming Keyboard and Logitech MX Revolution wireless Mouse..

It's pretty damn good. Better than using a keyboard meant for web browsing!

ADF-Dizz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Dizz »

A G15 Keyboard and a MX518 mouse works well for me [smilie=flicks.gif] [smilie=flicks.gif]