Windows Error when starting Deploy Client

Operating System help, tips and tricks.
ADF-Zapper
ADF Member
ADF Member

Windows Error when starting Deploy Client

Post by ADF-Zapper »

Hi All, trying to install AA on my lappy so that I can play whilst I am in hotels away from tomorrow and get an error message as detailed below. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Zap

AppName: aadeployclient.exe AppVer: 1.2.3.0 AppStamp:48f670b1
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 ModStamp:4802a12c
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012aeb

[smilie=furax[1].gif]

ADF-Squidz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Squidz »

did a quick look round ...

- ensure you have the latest version
- xp, change your vitual memory to be double your actual memory
- vista, run as administrator

someone else said:
<i>"So, if your vista machine cant handle the deploy client, try running it in safe mode with networking.
Safe mode = F8 after the bios boots and screen goes back black."</i>

pm me if you need more instructions with it

ADF-justice
ADF Member
ADF Member

W

Post by ADF-justice »

as i said last night...

1. goto your C:/programfiles/americasarmy/system and try to run the AAloadere.exe manually..

will give u same error probably.. just check ..diagnostic flowchart style...

2. now try to run the Armyops.exe in the same folder..(thats AA without the loader initialising it)

whats the go? did AA load from ArmyOps.exe?(want to determine your AA install is working)

REPORT the info on above to me and we will go from there..or if your in a hurry then..

3. redownload 2.8.4 again and see if reinstalling that helps..

4. worst case scenario DL the fullversion again as u were saying you would.

patches can sometimes not apply properly during the patching process( it aint a perfect world)
i am patching all the way from 2.7 with 6 or so patches and found one was corrupt the last time i tried to reinstall AA... due to the way it screwed up my AA install, reinstalling AA was the only option...

IF you have the spare bandwidth maybe dl the latest full install of AA and the 2.84 loader may be the quickest and simplest fix..

grab me on TS or msn me on mr_mthennessy@hotmail.com if you have any other questions that I may be able to help with.

BELOW IS TO STOP THE MISINFORMATION CYCLE!

1. EVERYONE should run ANY game as ADMIN... we arent kids. that shouldnt be an issue..

2. let windows define your VM(Page File or woteva u want to call it) it will do a better job on auto then what these nubs will do telling you their tips from their little bit of experience. if u have 2gig of ram you wont be calling on VM for much, if u have 3 or 4 gig then forget VM your OS will have some ready but will use it very rarely..

3. Safe mode...wtf..! makes no sense at all..nother nub idea..! loading your OS with minimal drivers then trying to run a 3d game that will require all of the drivers not running in your OS ... thats just about the dumbest advice ive heard..

Oh btw, not that i know much, i just build PC's, Repair PC's and also kill PC's when given the opportunity..

Good luck and may the boobies be with you!!
[smilie=evillol.sml[1].gif]

ADF-Medic
ADF-Team Admin
ADF-Team Admin

Post by ADF-Medic »

I never use the deploy client. [smilie=flicks.gif]

ADF-Squidz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Squidz »

not looking to cause trouble before i've even been through the application process ... BUT :)

<i>1. EVERYONE should run ANY game as ADMIN... we arent kids. that shouldnt be an issue..</i>
unlike windows XP, vista seems to default to loading everything as a user, so a number of games need to be force-run as administrator (i.e. C&C:RA2-Yuri)

<i>2. let windows define your VM(Page File or woteva u want to call it) it will do a better job on auto then what these nubs will do telling you their tips from their little bit of experience. if u have 2gig of ram you wont be calling on VM for much, if u have 3 or 4 gig then forget VM your OS will have some ready but will use it very rarely..</i>
sorry man, but i beg to differ, the virtual memory (swap file) is handled very poorly by xp, having an upper and lower value can cause it to become a little 'confused', rule of thumb, make virtual memory double your physical memory to an upper limit of 4096 with both minimum & maximum set to the same value (sure, if everything's working it wont make a difference, if there's problem's, it's the first thing to check)

<i>3. Safe mode...wtf..! makes no sense at all..nother nub idea..! loading your OS with minimal drivers then trying to run a 3d game that will require all of the drivers not running in your OS ... thats just about the dumbest advice ive heard..</i>
this wasn't my idea, i just google-searched the error & posted it, i haven't played with vista much myself ... but it's an attempt to load the game without crashing, trial and error ... see what does and doesn't work ...

<i>Oh btw, not that i know much, i just build PC's, Repair PC's and also kill PC's when given the opportunity..</i>
awesome, i use to do that with my dad when i was in high school ...

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Re: Windows Error when starting Deploy Client

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

Zapper wrote:AppName: aadeployclient.exe AppVer: 1.2.3.0 AppStamp:48f670b1
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 ModStamp:4802a12c
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012aeb

[smilie=furax[1].gif]
download the latest deploy client I think it is 1.2.4
http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/