ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

US Goverment Spyware

Post by ADF-Sniper »

Im sure you all notice when you boot up your computer that the processes

PnkBstrA.exe and
PnkBstrB.exe

are running on your computer. These are Punkbuster files scanning your computer for certain information, which is then sent to Punkbuster. There is no reason why these files should be running while your not in game. Anyway to stop these files running when you boot up, you will need to go into services.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down till you see the two files.

On each of these files right click and go properties and change Startup Type to "Disabled"

You can also Stop the service if it is running.

And thats it! The American Government can no long scan your personal files and leave your computer open to hackers sniffing your packets.

Just remember each time you play a punkbuster game the files will be started and you will need to kill each of them "After playing" in task manager.

[smilie=smiley_abzv[1].gif]
Last edited by ADF-Sniper on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-CaptCC
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-CaptCC »

MADOZ

Good Find there Sniper.... [smilie=Crash[1].gif] Stopped it, as PnkBstrA.exe was running whilst the Game was off... I shut it DOWN... [smilie=Crash[1].gif]

Cheers [smilie=beerchug[1].gif]
Lock ...and... Load ... Rock ...and... Roll ... SEMPER FI
Loyalty, above all, Except Honour

ADF-Snake
ADF Member
ADF Member

Re: US Goverment Spyware

Post by ADF-Snake »

ADF-Sniper wrote:Im sure you all notice when you boot up your computer that the processes

PnkBstrA.exe and
PnkBstrB.exe

are running on your computer. These are Punkbuster files scanning your computer for certain information, which is then sent to Punkbuster. There is no reason why these files should be running while your not in game. Anyway to stop these files running when you boot up, you will need to go into services.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down till you see the two files.

On each of these files right click and go properties and change Startup Type to "Disabled"

You can also Stop the service if it is running.

And thats it! The American Government can no long scan your personal files and leave your computer open to hackers sniffing your packets.

Just remember each time you play a punkbuster game the files will be started and you will need to kill each of them "After playing" in task manager.

[smilie=smiley_abzv[1].gif]
I found this out via http://www.evenbalance.com because my problem is PnkBstrB.exe will not start and stay running.. I log into BF 2142 or Bf2 and i get booted because B wont stay operational.. Wonder why..