Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Operating System help, tips and tricks.
ADF-MOSES
ADF Member
ADF Member

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Post by ADF-MOSES »

device status reads

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

and when i click on check for solutions it says that it cant load the driver software

i also have this problem with Standard OPEN HCD USB Host Controller

can someone please offer me some advice on what the go is here

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

need a little bit more info m8....but usb based can often be fixed by going to device manager and uninstalling all usb listings and then rebooting....

maybe a pic of device manager and O/S could help

ADF-MOSES
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-MOSES »

no problems deano will do tomorrow during the day

ADF-MOSES
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-MOSES »

here is a pic of my device manager and my o/s is windows vista
Attachments
device manager.jpg
device manager screenshot
(72.89 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

i i would go and get the latest driver set for your chipset...nvidia have a 4 in 1 setup for there drivers and in my experience can be trouble....but then again cant everything :)

Right click and uninstall each device under USB and also the same for the host controller with the issue and reboot...chances are it will configure properly the second time around...worth a try first anyway.

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

also download this http://www.gtopala.net/siw.exe and open it....it doesn't install it just runs from the desktop.Once it is open go to File menu and select "Create Log File" and make sure the save as type is html.....make sure you zip it up and post it here...Not sure in vista but you might have to right click siw.exe and run as administrator.

ADF-MOSES
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-MOSES »

here is my system info using siw, saved in html form and zipped as well

Edit: Removed attachment now for security reasons

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

First thing go and get updated drivers for your board.....

go to Click Here

also go here and get the latest drivers for your video card Click Here (37.8MB is the one you want)

Give that a go and see what happens.

ADF-Deano
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Deano »

Where are you with this moses...did you get it sorted?

ADF-Squidz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Squidz »

heheheh, same resolution as i said in a previous post ... right click on my computer, go to properties, advanced, performance settings, advanced, virtual memory change ...

in the bit that says virtual memory, make both values double your physical memory (i.e. if you have 1gb ram, set virtual memory to 2048, if you have 2gb ram, set it to 4096, if it's more than 2gb, leave it at 4096 ...

thing is, you computer has a certain amount of physical ram, but it also uses virtual ram (so hard drive space as a buffer area), windows manages this poorly with varying size's, so must always be the same value and preferably double your physical ram (but if it's over 4096 on XP, windows gets a little confused again) ...

now it doesn't do exactly what your physical ram does, it has a longer memory, which is why you need it larger than physical memory ...

now, every program installed on your PC uses some of this buffered / cached area while it is running (so the game speed up programs that close non critical programs would help you too) ...

lastly, system resources generally refers to one of three key components, hard drive, physical ram, or virtual memory ...
hard drive - i assume that you would have already deleted some stuff if you ran out of space
RAM - generally manages itself and clears itself once it's full (unless you have 256mb and the program requires more than this)
Virtual memory - a little iffy, it's like computer magic, we dont know exactly how it works, but it's all smoke and mirrors till something goes wrong

**edit**
as a side note, if it was to do with drivers, windows XP is smart enough to allocate them correctly, or give you big messages that say "conflicting IRQ blahb lahblah" ... but IRQ hasn't been a huge concern ... well, not since windows 95 / 98 ...

- and that's squidz it tutorial for today ... if you have any questions, direct them to the person sitting next to you

ADF-BUNGY
Im a man of the forums!!

Post by ADF-BUNGY »

nice one squidz

this thread is 2 years old :)

ADF-Squidz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Squidz »

well there ya go ... i guess my spamming transcends time!!

dodgey
ADF Selected VIP
ADF Selected VIP

Post by dodgey »

Hell even I had ADF tags back then