File transfer probs

Operating System help, tips and tricks.
ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

File transfer probs

Post by ADF-Muzz »

Ok I tried to transfer some photos from my camera to pc but was unable.When i plug in the cam into USB I get that little sound but nothing else.Click on my computer and nothing under removable storage.Tried my zip drive and the same thing.The mouse works in the same USB port so it is working.I used the programe that came with camera and says no camera detected.The camera says it is connected via USB.ODD ODD ODD. [smilie=azcrying[1].gif]

Archon
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Archon »

With USB Camera's I found that I didnt even need a Manufacturer Program, eg Canon or Kodak. When u plug it in it should come in under removable storage...

Try uninstalling the Camera Drivers/Software. Make sure the camera is unplugged. Do a restart, and then when windows is loaded Plug it in.. see if it comes up onto removable storage.. then search the random folders for pics... if it doesnt work try installing the Updated drivers from the manufactures website..

Goodluck.. let us know.

ADF-Sniper
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Post by ADF-Sniper »

If your running windows Vista, there is a massive un-patched bug with file transfers.
Evolution is just so unlikely to produce complex life forms.

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

ADF-Sniper wrote:If your running windows Vista, there is a massive un-patched bug with file transfers.
no to vista i will wait for Mark II

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

ADF-Sniper wrote:If your running windows Vista, there is a massive un-patched bug with file transfers.
i've used 3 different usb devices on my VISTA system and never had a problem (cept i dont have enough usb ports and have to unplug one of my keyboards :(
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.

Archon
X-Member
X-Member

Post by Archon »

ADF-Baby wrote:
i've used 3 different usb devices on my VISTA system and never had a problem
Dito

ADF-Yodak
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Yodak »

With your external HDD, you have to right-click 'My Computer' and click 'Manage', then go to:

Storage --> Disk Management (For brand new ones that aren't setup) and then assign it and crap.

As for your camera, what model is it?

Also, what OS are you running? If you're running XP, what Service Pack are you running and what framework?

It could be your camera needs the latest SP for XP (SP2) and the latest .NET framework (1.2 ??)

Failing all that, reinstall the drivers and check the camera on another computer.

ADF-Muzz
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Muzz »

OK all sorted .Bit the bullet and done a clean install.Should have done that on my ugrade and listened to those in the know. [smilie=flicks.gif]

ADF-Baby
ADF Member
ADF Member

Post by ADF-Baby »

i think an apology is in order sniper. your Vista/Microsoft bashing is nothing more than jealousy
Live long and procreate

Image[img]http://www.gametracker.com/player_info/202.